d-c-fix premium static cling window film are ideal for the bedroom, bathroom, shower glass, kitchen, the office or the narrow window at the front door where everyone can see straight through. It is also suitable as décor on glass doors and mirrors.
If you are unsure of what design to choose for your project, we recommend that you order a sample first.
For a successful installation you will need:
To achieve the best result we recommend that the window film is applied with our application kit. The applicator has a velvet edge which gives a smooth application that won't damage the surface.
Save time and order from our carefully selected tools.
The window film is very easy to apply, just:
This video shows how you apply static cling window film.
These are the most common reasons why the window film doesn't stay up:
1. The backing paper isn't removed. There is one even if it doesn't look like one. It's clear in colour.
2. The film is touching the edges somewhere. If it does, air will appear underneath and it will lose its cling. It's safest to leave a minimum of a 2-5mm gap so it doesn't touch the window seal.
3. The window film is applied to a textured glass. If it is, air will come underneath and it will lose its cling. Instead use a self-adhesive film for those surfaces.
4. The glass has already got some kind of film on it (e.g. UV protection / tint etc).
5. Not enough water has been sprayed on the glass surface during application. The more the better to achieve a better cling. Then make sure you squeeze out as much water as possible and let the sun burn off the rest. (Maybe keep the window closed for a day or so until the sun has done its part)
6. The wrong side of the window film is facing the window. Make sure it's the cling side. It's nice and smooth.
7. The windows are not properly cleaned before application. Make sure they are cleaned from grease and dust. This goes for the film too if it's being reapplied or has been applied to a not fully clean window.
We didn’t want to put a blind or curtain into our small bach bathroom, but the main window is immediately adjacent to the parking area so there was no privacy inside the bathroom. The window film is very easy to apply and works a treat. We chose frost film, which lets daylight through, but even at night with the light on the window glass is completely opaque so you can’t see into the bathroom from outside. It was a perfect solution for privacy.
The product is good but I made an error on my order size, realized immediately and emailed Vinyl Home within minutes. They emailed back, "no sorry, your order has already been processed". They didn't even try to correct my order it seems.
Just moved into a house with close neighbours. Our bedrooms face their living spaces. So this allows us to still have adequate daylight without worrying too much about being observed. Particularly as we have a teen, I’m happier knowing they’re not scaring the neighbours!
It serves it's purpose very well. I couldn't roll it out slowly to apply as mine was a long horizontal application and it just didn't work. Unrolling it worked fine. Applying it and removing the bubbles was time consuming UNTIL I found the perfect tool, the window cleaning blade - see photos. So easy to remove all the bubbles using that! I didn't find this out until roll four lol. Initially I bought the wrong item and they credited me toward this item, the correct one. Excellent customer service - thank you.