Christmas will soon be here and that means festivities, gifts and decorations. One of the first things that we tend to do is to decorate our home. This can get everyone in the mood and make us feel Christmassy!
With this in mind we thought we would provide you with 10 ideas that you and your kids can do at home before Christmas!
2. Advent calendar on wooden board or mini drawers
Advent calendars are always fun no matter what the size. So why not create your very own using sticky back plastic. You can create them on a wooden board, on the wall or use some mini drawers. Take a look at the examples we have created below and get inspired. For the example on the wall we used chalkboard vinyl so we could write on it too!
2. Window film decals like baubles and stars
Why pay the earth for window decals when you can create your own using our window film. No sticky messy windows as our static window film is simply applied with water. Simply create some designs, cut them out and apply to your windows!
3. Placemats for dinner guests in metallic, glitter or Christmassy designs
Decorating the table for Christmas dinner is a fun job, so if you want to make it super special this year why not take a look at our range of glitter sticky back plastic and make your own placemats for your family and guests.
4. Labels & name tags with blackboard or whiteboard film
Our blackboard and whiteboard film is perfect for making those all important food and drink labels and you can also create name tags at Christmas. Using the vinyl film you can cut them to size and then simply write on them with chalk or a marker. You can also decorate them with some Christmas doodles for fun. It’s a great activity for the kids and really gets them involved.
5. Santa's letterbox
Kids make Christmas come alive so make sure you create the magic at home with this super cute Santa letter box. Use our red and black sticky back plastic to cover the box and then you can decorate with other stickers or even some fake snow!
6. Chimney or Santa's grotto with brick tiles or wallpaper
If you are feeling even more creative why not create Santa’s grotto or make a chimney with our brick tile wallpaper. This wallpaper provides a great backdrop for family photos or for your tree!
7. Go away camping with a festive camping table
If you are heading away to the beach or camping then you may need to dust off your old camping table and give it a quick revamp! Choose from one of our many designs of sticky back plastic and see your table transformed. Take a look at this video to see just how easy it is.
8. Wrap shoe boxes in vinyl for your giftsPersonalise your Christmas gift boxes this year and cover them in sticky back plastic. You can design them how you like with different patterns, stencils and even some glitter! Cut out their name or some festive stars and decorate the box. There really is nothing nicer than unwrapping a beautifully wrapped gift.
9. Create your own vinyl Christmas decals
If the kids are wanting to decorate their rooms this Christmas why not let them create their own decal on their bedroom wall. This Christmas tree is super easy to create and all you need are some rolls of vinyl. These come in 2m rolls so you can buy a few different colours and then there should be enough for everyone.
10. Create your own Christmas cards
Anyone can buy a Christmas card but when you take the time to actually make one that’s when people’s eyes light up. So why not use the left over Vinyl from your decals or some glitter vinyl and create some cards for your nearest and dearest.
Whatever you decide to create, we know that you will have lots of fun with these festive projects, and remember to send in your photos or tag us in @vinylhome on instagram and facebook. We would love to see your creations.