d-c-fix premium static cling window film are ideal for the bedroom, bathroom, shower glass, kitchen, the office or the narrow window at the front door where everyone can see straight through. It is also suitable as décor on glass doors and mirrors.
If you are unsure of what design to choose for your project, we recommend that you order a sample first.
For a successful installation you will need:
To achieve the best result we recommend that the window film is applied with our application kit. The applicator has a velvet edge which gives a smooth application that won't damage the surface.
Save time and order from our carefully selected tools.
The window film is very easy to apply, just:
This video shows how you apply static cling window film.
These are the most common reasons why the window film doesn't stay up:
1. The backing paper isn't removed. There is one even if it doesn't look like one. It's clear in colour.
2. The film is touching the edges somewhere. If it does, air will appear underneath and it will lose its cling. It's safest to leave a minimum of a 2-5mm gap so it doesn't touch the window seal.
3. The window film is applied to a textured glass. If it is, air will come underneath and it will lose its cling. Instead use a self-adhesive film for those surfaces.
4. The glass has already got some kind of film on it (e.g. UV protection / tint etc).
5. Not enough water has been sprayed on the glass surface during application. The more the better to achieve a better cling. Then make sure you squeeze out as much water as possible and let the sun burn off the rest. (Maybe keep the window closed for a day or so until the sun has done its part)
6. The wrong side of the window film is facing the window. Make sure it's the cling side. It's nice and smooth.
7. The windows are not properly cleaned before application. Make sure they are cleaned from grease and dust. This goes for the film too if it's being reapplied or has been applied to a not fully clean window.
Really love this! My stepdaughter’s room is road side and although it’s raised and you can’t see in easily I wanted to create a bit of extra privacy- while fitting the jungle theme we’re working on! Popped one side up today to see how it would look and am absolutely thrilled! The window film is excellent quality, thick and sturdy, super easy to apply - I did this in a rush and it still looks great! I miscalculated the size so I’ll be ordering another roll but super happy with the product itself! Keen to try other products from the range now too!
The perfect solution!
Love love love
Super impressed with the quality of the product. This design is perfect for screening off our spa pool that looks directly into our messy garage window. Now when we sit in the outdoor spa pool, we have this fabulous design to look at instead of looking through the window into the cluttered garage. It perfectly matches the outdoor "garden" flow of where our spa pool is located. Will definitely buy some more for our bathroom and bedroom windows