d-c-fix premium static cling window film are ideal for the bedroom, bathroom, shower glass, kitchen, the office or the narrow window at the front door where everyone can see straight through. It is also suitable as décor on glass doors and mirrors.
If you are unsure of what design to choose for your project, we recommend that you order a sample first.
For a successful installation you will need:
To achieve the best result we recommend that the window film is applied with our application kit. The applicator has a velvet edge which gives a smooth application that won't damage the surface.
Save time and order from our carefully selected tools.
The window film is very easy to apply, just:
This video shows how you apply static cling window film.
These are the most common reasons why the window film doesn't stay up:
1. The backing paper isn't removed. There is one even if it doesn't look like one. It's clear in colour.
2. The film is touching the edges somewhere. If it does, air will appear underneath and it will lose its cling. It's safest to leave a minimum of a 2-5mm gap so it doesn't touch the window seal.
3. The window film is applied to a textured glass. If it is, air will come underneath and it will lose its cling. Instead use a self-adhesive film for those surfaces.
4. The glass has already got some kind of film on it (e.g. UV protection / tint etc).
5. Not enough water has been sprayed on the glass surface during application. The more the better to achieve a better cling. Then make sure you squeeze out as much water as possible and let the sun burn off the rest. (Maybe keep the window closed for a day or so until the sun has done its part)
6. The wrong side of the window film is facing the window. Make sure it's the cling side. It's nice and smooth.
7. The windows are not properly cleaned before application. Make sure they are cleaned from grease and dust. This goes for the film too if it's being reapplied or has been applied to a not fully clean window.
Looks great and only positive comments from family and friends. Very easy to apply and solved the privacy issue with next door's security camera pointed at our kitchen window..
I wanted this to provide a bit of privacy from the outside world, while allowing in light and looking attractive. This is a beautiful film and so easy to put on.
An awesome product! Bought it to make large window visible - worked beautifully and at an amazing price. Terrific value - thank you
As I have already told you, I was disappointed that there were no instructions with the product.
Really disappointed. I carefully looked at the video and read the description but there was nothing that showed or stated that the roses are dark black and the film also has silver shimmery foliage in it which obviously is a big detail not to include in the description or show clearly in a photo. When I emailed my disappointment and surprise I was made to feel like it was my error for not looking properly. Customer service 101 don't blame the customer who was also planning to order some of the tiles that I ordered samples of.