Smart Tiles® will stick on your walls for as long as you wish them to. That's our guarantee! We offer replacement of defective Smart Tiles following file investigation and depending on certain conditions. Smart Tiles® also guarantee the products for a period of thirty (30) days starting from the date of purchase and applies only to design or manufacture defects, excluding any hue or colour change and labour expenses. For the warranty to be valid, the manufacturer installation recommendations must be followed.
- Wait a period of three weeks before affixing Smart Tiles on a freshly painted wall to allow the paint to penetrate and dry thoroughly.
- The surface must be smooth and undamaged.
- The surface must be clean and dry.
- You should clean the surface with a degreaser such as sugar soap.
- During installation, the ambient temperature must be at least 18°C and should not exceed 35°C.
- Smart Tiles should not be exposed to direct steam, or be in direct contact with a heat source and should not be submerged in water (do not install in the shower).
- To install behind a gas range without a protective rear panel, allow a height of 20 centimetres above the surface to prevent the tiles from coming in contact with open flame and we recommend installing our Smart Panel. If there is a wall to the right or left side of the range, Smart Tiles must be installed at least six centimetres away.
- Keep a distance of at least six centimetres between an oven toaster grill and wall covered with Smart Tiles.
- If you decide to remove the Smart Tiles once they have been firmly applied, they cannot be reused.
- Smart Tiles are not designed to cover floors, countertops or work surfaces, or to serve as a trivet.
- For maintenance, you should only use a mild non-abrasive product.
Avoid cleaning products containing bleach. Avoid food with strong colouring like turmeric and curry spices, grinded coffee, food colouring and tomato sauce as they may stain the surface